College years are pivotal for discovering how passions, skills and strengths can align for a career.
The pressure seems high as you try to figure out exactly where you’re supposed to be and how you’re supposed to contribute to the greater professional landscape. You take personality tests, volunteer, talk to people whose lives you want to emulate, and work your very hardest to boost every section of your resume.
All of these are important steps toward a first job. Yet, most careers find similar beginnings.
As professionals, we know the best way to sharpen skills and discover strengths is simple:
We learn by doing.
Do you want to experience how brands come alive through storytelling in press and social media? Do you want to discover how your passions, skills and strengths can align with other professionals for a greater purpose?
If you are interested in joining a team of visionary, purposeful communicators, apply for our summer internships in Athens and Atlanta. Learn how below.
At See.Spark.Go, we interact a lot with clients, team members and reporters via email, phone and social media. Therefore, in addition to your resume, we’d like to receive a pitch email about why you would be a great fit for our team. If you haven’t noticed, we love a good outside-the-box thinker, so feel free to get our attention another way.
Picture the SSG team as the editors and yourself as the publicist, or maybe you’re a professional talent trying to get noticed by his or her dream brand. You could pitch us via email, create a social media campaign or even make a video about why you would be the best fit. This is a social media-heavy internship, so take advantage and get creative!
Please also include contact information for at least two professional references.
Applications are due by Friday, March 24, by 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do we seek?
- The ideal candidate is an organized, self-starting team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communications skills and be well versed in the social media landscape.
- Best suited for public relations, journalism, communications or marketing majors.
- Juniors, seniors or recent grads preferred.
- Class credit available. Up to 20 hours/week in the Grant Park or Milledge Ave. office.
- Maintaining media lists and coverage files
- Writing and editing press materials
- Creating social media content and strategies
- Collecting data and reporting social media analytics
- Crafting campaign editorial calendars
- Strategizing in accordance with press editorial calendars
- Assisting with major press tours, events and campaigns
- Additional responsibilities according to timely needs
- Graphic design and development